What is EthOss?
- In technical terms ethoss is “a biphasic matrix for true bone regeneration with a built in membrane for high graft stability”.
- We prefer to say that it is a material that will quickly and easily turn into bone to help speed along your procedures.
What is Ethoss made from?
- No need to worry about that, ethoss is completely free from any animal or human content.
- It is a synthetic paste that sets in two phases to provide a stable graft in the shortest time possible that is fully replaced by your own bone.
- Its built-in calcium sulphate binder helps stabilise the graft and prevent soft tissue ingress, eliminating the need for an added collagen membrane.
- EthOss is 100% synthetic. There’s no human or animal content, so no risk of cross-contamination.
- EthOss comes in a handy syringe applicator, in two sizes - 0.5cc and 1.0cc. It’s easy to mix, quick to apply and, because it keeps it’s volume well, there’s no need for over-packing.
- EthOss is fully absorbed by the body, as it’s replaced by new healthy host bone - up to 50% in as little as 12 weeks.
Why ß - Tr i c a l c i u m Phosphate (ß-TCP)?
ß-TCP has been used medically for many years and is widely researched and trusted, with several benefits which make it particularly suitable for dentistry:
- Full resorption in line with the rate of new host bone formation
- High osteoinductive potential with a large research base in this area
- Patient preference - no concerns over donor tissue or cross infection risks
- All ß-TCP is not the same - EthOss uses the latest generation of ß-TCP
Why Calcium Sulphate?
- The oldest recorded biomaterial, Calcium Sulphate has been used in surgery for over 120 years.
- Whilst it does not possess the same bone regeneration capabilities as ß-TCP, Calcium Sulphate brings one major benefit to the equation: it sets in situ, creating a stable graft with an integrated cell-occlusive barrier.
- This helps prevent soft tissue ingress, removing the need for a separate collagen membrane and giving the periosteum (and related blood supply) direct access to the graft site from day one.
- 3 x 0.5cc syringes
- 3 x 1.0cc syringes
BRAND: ETHOSS (UK)